Friday, July 18, 2008

Life as of July 2008

Hello, sad to think I only check this when I am bored. Well this time I am sick, hardcore. Mono. So life for Scott has slowed down substantially. I feel bad for not updating sooner, it is just hard to find time and effort these days.
My focus is generally on other things, work, Aimee, or work. So life is just keeping me busy as of late. I am still working full time with Terasen Gas (now coming up on 1-1/2 years) installing gas mains and services. My favorite part of the job is emergencies, we get called out when "buddy" is digging and hits our gas line. Then because natural gas is explosive we must fix it. Using a set of giant vise-grips we pinch off the gas and then weld to fix it. Through Terasen I obtained my pressure welding ticket, which means I can weld on pressure vessels; Live Gas mains. Oh and for those that heard about the starfeild concert and the floor collapsing, and didn't know I fell through. Yup. The link to the Front Page Province Report

Life in terms spiritually are great, Aimee and I have found a solid church both theologically sound and challenging enough to keep us thinking. Cedar Grove. So as recall on my experiences of kaleo I wonder how much stuff will come true. When we sat at the top of Washington and told each other what we thought each person should do; I really wonder. How many remember, how many even prayed about what was said; but more is how have those ideas hindered or helped you along the way. For me I know they have helped and hindered. Helped in my relationship with Christ and helped me help in the church. But on the opposite hand hindered could be summed up by fear, of not doing what i was "told" but as I pray more and more if find out God gives us option. Option to choose this job or that job, this car or that car. Our choice doesn't make or break our faith, it moves us further along the path to him. As long as we make the choice in his direction it is right; what ever you choose, if it pursues God is right.
Oh and I also want to thank you all for your support, those that still read this daily. Miss you all. God bless and Happiness to all;

Scott Lowes

1 Comments:

Blogger Charissa said...

Thanks for the update Scott. Good to know that you are out and about doing crazy things with gas lines and such. Hope you get better soon and keep growing, it's awesome to hear how your spiritual walk is going!

3:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home