Life lately in Jaarsmaland.
Hey guys. So it's been a long time since anyone posted on here, but I kind of just wanted to post on here and let you guys know what's going on with us and what's happening in our hearts and lives here.
God has kind of been putting us through a very hard time, but yet his love, grace and joy prevail! Ever since we have been married, I have been wanting kids. Well, that time has come in our life and..... we can't have kids. I won't get into technicalities but simply put, Justin was born with a congenital abnormality, which is essentially a vasectomy. He won't be able to father children without the help of IVF. Meanwhile, everyone else in the world has continued to get pregnant and have beautiful children, and as much as I want to be happy for people.... I secretly just want to punch them, just a little bit. And of course everyone loves to give us a friendly "when are you having kids?" like it's just a how's the weather topic... ya it's been very difficult, there are no words to describe how we are feeling.
In the meantime, as we wrestle with God's weird plan for our lives, we have made a huge decision to adopt a child from the USA. In saskatchewan, the wait is about 7 - 10 years for a newborn, so we decided to go through the states. As we are going through this process God has really just given us a new prospective. We have been adopted through Christ Jesus so that we can be called son's and daughter's and GOD!! How amazing is that? We're excited as we go through this very long, painful process. We currently have been approved by Saskatchewan social services to go ahead with the adoption. The next step is our home study and we are planning some fundraisers to help us with the cost. We are looking at spending anywhere between $26,000 to $40,000, and no apparently they aren't "selling" babies.
It's easy to get overwhelmed with the cost, but we have an amazing God who has really called us to this adoption. We wanted to adopt anyways, and God doesn't always do things the way we want. We are getting so excited to meet our baby one day. In the meantime, we need prayers. Any time you think of us, send up a prayer for comfort and just the humility to fully rely on him and trust him. We miss you guys even though we never see you and really haven't talked to many of you guys in quite a while.
Please pray for our fundraiser, that people will be willing to help us out of love. I have a huge fear of being judged through fundraising for a baby. Apparently some people are against it. Who has $30 K just sitting around to be able to afford a baby when nature won't let you do it the old fashion way? Also pray for some tact in dealing with people's judgements and rude comments. I feel like I'm coming to the end of my rope.
Just thought I would put this out there for you guys, a little bit before it makes it's appearance via Facebook, as it will soon due to our upcoming fundraisers. We love you guys. Thanks for listening. Thanks for your prayers. We hope that God is working and stretching you in your lives as well.
Charissa (and Justin too)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home