Saturday, September 16, 2006

From Toronto to Ulan Batar (and back some day)

I thought it was finally time I post something here. I've been avoiding writing anything because I think a blog can be kinda impersonal. But I give up. So here's what's been going on with me lately...
I'm in Mongolia right now. I've been here since August 22nd. It's been a really good experience. I'm learning a lot about working overseas. The language barrier sometimes makes it difficult to help. Breaking down barriers between the average Mongolian and foreigner is also hard. Sometimes I feel like serving here is almost impossible. Keep praying I will be effective here.
In January I will be starting school back home in Toronto. I'm either going to Humber college or Ryerson University. I think Sarah from Kaleo 2 goes to Ryerson but I'm not sure. I can't believe I'm writing this, but I'm actually looking forward to starting school. The sooner I start the sooner I'll be done lol!
I wouldn't say that I really miss Kaleo... sorry to those that may offend. But I would say that I have struggled making new friends and wanting to further develop my current friendships. Coming out of Kaleo everything in terms of friendships seem like so much time and energy. I also complain that my church in Toronto is "fake" but I don't really do anything about it. When I go there I put on a show and yet judge others who I think are doing the samething. I haven't felt like opening up to people. I don't know how to make a community exist. I do know that I have to press on with stuff here in Mongolia and into school in January.
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. Please keep doing so. I hope to be able to visit some of you guys as time and money allow.
Make good choices
Take luck
Good care
(only 4 parties a week, ally)
--Kirk

4 Comments:

Blogger DERKSON said...

Hey man thats awesome! aND yeah Sarah from K2 is @ rhyerson. But hey good to hear form you buddy. Hope your trip goes swell and keep on keepin on bro, do what it takes to do what God has you do! Im off to MJ now so I'll catch ya later man, and if your kickin around next summer, I'll be there again for sure, you can bet on that, unless the plane goes down in a horrific crash and no one survives!

peace out bro.

12:28 p.m.  
Blogger andrew said...

Man Kirk I got to be honest your post is pretty much the one I've enjoyed hearing the most in a long time. I think its the hoesty, always dug that trait. Anyway bro keep on hard. Try not to let yourself get into "I'm doing this mindset" I know its hard not to I do it all the time. Have fun in mongolia and come to Parkers wedding -Hawsy

11:34 p.m.  
Blogger s said...

yeah kirk im here! What program are you looking to do?

both schools are sweet... but i won't lie it would be super sweet if you came here.
im living on campus at okeefe house right across the street from the statue of Egerton Ryerson the founder... its pretty much dead center of campus.

AND i spent all summer with Joel Berg (and marrissa while she was there).

Let me know when you're back and we'll hang out if your interested.

8:35 a.m.  
Blogger Kirk said...

Hey Sarah. Yeah we should totally hangout. How are u liking the big city so far? I still don't really know what I'm doing for school but either way I'll be in Toronto for a while. Have you found a church or anything yet? I dunno if I can tell you where to go, but I can definately tell you where not to go lol. My emails kirklougheed@hotmail.com

8:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home